The Ruffus provides automatic support for
- Managing dependencies
- Parallel jobs
- Re-starting from arbitrary points, especially after errors
- Display of the pipeline as a flowchart
- ReportingThis tutorial has seven steps which cover all the core functionality of Ruffus.Don’t worry if steps 1 and 2 seem a bit slow: Once you get used to Ruffus steps 4-8 will be a breeze.
You can click on “previous” and “next” at the top and bottom of each page to navigate through the tutorial.
The second half of the tutorial is a worked example to calculate the sample variance of 10,000 random numbers. This shows you how to:
- Split up a large problem into smaller chunks
- Calculate partial solutions in parallel
- Re-combine the partial solutions into the final result
- Automatically signal the completion of each step of our pipeline
This covers the core functionality of Ruffus.